Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Return of Jadebottle (Part 6) Spring Korea

March 2012

This is my 4th trip to Korea. Taking the promo rates from SQ, i went on a trip to Korea during the March holidays. I reached Incheon airport at 10pm and gotta make my way straight to my hotel at Lotte City Hotel. The hotel is very accessible via airport shuttle. The next day, i had a swim in the very business class hotel before meeting up with my brother for lunch. The pool belongs to me only! Hahaha!!! After settling all the money issues with my bro,I went on to change my hotel stay to a hostel stay at Kimchi Hongdae hostel.
















Being adventurous, i decided to embark on a trip my own to Gwangyang si, cos i read that there is some international Maehwa festival. I took a 8ish bus at Dong Seoul Terminal and travelled 4 hours. & to my horror when i reached the terminal at Gwangyang, there is no shuttle that goes to the festival venue as that day was not the actual day. A very nice Ajusi took me to the bus stop and said i can take bus 18. BUT i have to wait like 1 hour for it!!! So sitting at the bus stop alone, i started talking to Ah Jumas, using my not so proper command of my korean language to entertain myself and them.



I finally reached the venue after a 30min bus journey, on the bus i see lots of village aunties and uncles who seemed to know everyone when they board the bus. When i alight, there was still a 2km walk to the venue. At that time, i kinda regret it...why...why must i venture out alone...to somewhere that i do not even know exactly where? But i told myself, i woke up early in the morning just to see spring flowers in Korea...if i do not see them, i would have wasted my time. I can forget about seeing them in Seoul during March, as winter has not really ended. Most of the flowers have not bloomed yet, i only manage to capture a few here and there. However, i am most glad, i came to know an old couple, who were also there to participate in the festival and they were most kind to take me along as company, treating my very much like their daughter. I really really thanked my lucky stars for them! 










The korean auntie who treats me like her daughter and we had dinner together at one of the restaurants there, drinking rice wine and having korean pancake. 
We had a "family" photo together 
They even took me to the nearest bus terminal and help me find the bus back to Seoul. Not only that, before the bus left, they bought lots of goodies for me to eat on the way back. I was so touched i actually cried, because i went there alone, not expecting anything and yet returned with kindness from a couple in which i would never forget.
After that, i met with "fa cai" for catching up session and food. 
In the morning, i went with some new friends made at the hostel for breakfast at a cafe nearby in Hongdae. After that, i went to meet my brother and his friends to the trick eye museum in Hongdae




After that, we went to Myeong Dong to have a last minute shopping for facial products. I met up with Shin Ji and He Eun too. 
The next day, i went around to look for traditional Korean chopsticks and went to Namdaemun market. That place is full of wholesale products. 
After that, i met my brother for dinner at this restaurant, they served chicken soup with rice and it was supposed to be famous.  There was a super long queue there!

After dinner, i went back to Kimchi Hongdae, packed my bag and took the nearby airport shuttle to the airport, and that was the end of my spring holiday. 







No comments: