Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blind date and Color Run

Wicked Weekend Blind Date Edition

Ok i attended this wicked weekend blind date edition yesterday by lunch actually
http://www.lunchactually.com/wicked-weekend/

I was into this blind date idea as it is really interesting to do some speed date in the dark, and hearing only the voice of the other person. Isn't it challenging? The moment lunch actually sent me this, i registered for it immediately. After being shortlisted, i put on my best dress and took the trouble to doll up for the event. When i entered the ballroom in Hotel Fort Canning, i see flashes of light everywhere. Oh ya, did i say that SET (Sony Entertainment TV) is filming this down. There was a hall for the ladies and make up artists were there to do touch up for the ladies. DJ Shan Wee and Cheryl Miles were the hosts for the event, & Shan Wee is really tall. I was sitting right in front, and have to sit back abit so that my neck would not be too strained. We were divided into 4 groups and brought into dark chambers. Each gal has a cubicle to talk to a guy on the other side. I felt that i was like punishing myself, cos when i punished my pupils, i always asked them to go face the wall , (面壁思过) . And it also feels like, i am there to confessed to the pastor " pastor, i have sinned for still being single at my age!"

Back to the whole event, guys were rotated every 5mins, so every 5mins when they rotate, i be like " hello hello, testing 123, anyone there" It was quite fun at first, there were young voices, matured voices, intelligent voices...etc...etc. So after supposingly dated with 13 guys( actually there were 12) , i was totally exhausted, talking about almost the same things and cannot remember what i have told them. We were supposed to rate as we talk, giving 5 hearts to the person who can communicate with you very well. After everything, i was approached by this lady from another group, quite pretty and matured around my age, she asked me" you are very pretty, why are you still single?" Actually, deep down in me, i have this same question for her, and i believe our answers are the same, we are not choosy, we just cannot find the person with the same chemistry as us who can communicate with us. After the speed date, we were brought to the main hall, where we can mingle with guys from the other groups, there were 2 or 3 guys i thought i can talk to, but apparantly i could not find them in the hall. Perhaps, the organisers should first use 15mins to group those in the same groups together before opening up to other groups. I talked to 12 but i only manage to identify 6 of them. I could not find the rest. Its ok la, if i am fated to see them, i will see them somehow, somewhere, sometime...

Lastly, there were some games, and the winners for the staycation were announced. I did not get the staycation. It is ok, i still enjoy this blind date event and get to know some new friends. I would have stayed and interacted more if not for my Color Run after that.

Color Run 2013 in Sentosa

Color Run! I have waited for this for one month plus and was very excited about it. Alot of friends asked me, why is it that i do not join marathons, you know like 10k, 21k...Sorry la, 21k is too demanding on my knees, and i feel that i do not need to pay so much money to run with people in marathons. I ran to maintain my fitness level and i can do that on my own. This run is interesting, as it is not a competitive run but a fun run along the way. Anyway, It is finally held in Singapore. I remembered the day it opened up for registration, the early bird registration was full after two hours for the one on the 17th, i have to ask around if anyone has CIMB card to do the registration. Thanx to one of my friends who helped me with it!

At the run, you see happening people around, some dressed in wigs and afro, in colourful angelic skirts and white clothes. Very interesting sight. Everyone seemed to know each other, cheering people along the way, giving high fives as we passed by. Seeing the whole atmosphere, you just become happy automatically. I would say it is one of the most crazy things that i have ever done since i left university.

Here are the photos of the run.



After everything, we had a "good time" washing off the colour, my white bag became red. My neck still have pink patches...But still, i really had a good time! :)

No comments: