Translate

Sunday, August 04, 2013

what's up this weekend?

Chilling at Catalunya Singapore

Thanx for F, we enjoyed ourselves a good deal at Catalunya Singapore, this little floating restaurant and bar next to One Fullerton. We went up to the second floor where it was supposed to have a bar, it was closed but it was open to people. The place has a scenic view of the MBS hotel. The restaurant serves Spanish food, we had some bites, and one was this olive with some kind of oil inside. I cannot describe the taste.      ( Just like some people love durians, some people hates them ) It is my problem, i think i am still more into Asian cuisine.

In the restaurant, the dinner area overlooks the same scenic view, the place has a very nice ambience for dinner, I would love to have one of the main course there one day, perhaps it would change my perception for Spanish food.


Trail Run at Dairy Farm Nature Park

I promised S to join this group of runners for some trail run at Dairy Farm Nature Park. In the end, i was so late i did not meet up with them. At first i thought ok i shall run alone but after that i got to know another lady who was also late and we ended up running together. Thanx to her, i had a good workout and an enjoyable time being in touch with nature.


A few times, we had to stop because one of the trails was the mountain bike trails and some paths were very narrow. The bikes has the right of way. We had to stand at the side and wait for them to pass. Most of the people were friendly in the morning and often we greet each other with a good morning. Some paths were very uneven, there was once i twisted my ankle because of a little hole covered by the brown leaves, and certain paths were steep and slippery, i had to be extremely careful. It was very challenging! And btw, my friend told me, normal running shoes are not very suitable for such trail runs, you need those with lost of "spikes" at the soles to tackle those rocks and stones during the trail.

Wolverine

Finally get to watched Wolverine. As usual, the muscular Hugh Jackman amazes me with his great built. There was quite a desirable amount of action, enough to keep me awake after an early morning run. There is quite a large number of scenes in Japan which was an eye opener for me since i have never been to Japan before. The "scratching" of those claws against metal never fail to make me cringe in my seat. Oh! Please do not leave immediately when it shows some of the ending credits, an important character would appear after that.

Thats all folks, have a restful week during the coming National Day Holidays and Selamat Hari Raya Adilfiltri to all my Muslim friends!

No comments: