Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

World tour

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I am kinda exaggerating to say world tour but apart from visiting Europe, i am really going to travel pretty often at least for the first half of this year :P In fact, I just returned from a short trip in Hongkong last week (in the next post)

YES! I have resigned from my 8 years in education service. I am freeeeeeeee

Last year, before i really decided on resignation, i was really tired, and was disappointed with some issues at work, that is why, i started working on writing a resume after March. It was like 9 years since i last wrote a resume!!! And coincidentally, i realise my friend and colleague mskmouse was also thinking of that too.

We had discussions and suddenly ideas just sprouted, why not the both of us go travel together after we resigned? At least we have each other for company. I was very excited about it, come on, i am not married and was single then, no kids as well, isn't it the best time to travel? And i can finally see spring and experience life overseas for awhile too! 

After that she mentioned of a working holiday in Taiwan, and asked me to check out this website http://www.kitaiwan.com.

Actually, for our age, we are not allowed to go on working holidays in many countries as the range is only from 18-30 however in Taiwan, there are some exceptions. That got me really interested, our previous Taiwan guide, Y ming, introduced mskmouse a minsu boss, (check out her post http://mytravelraves.blogspot.sg/2014/02/working-holiday-in-taiwan.html) and through his recommendations, i managed to get in touch with the boss of

柚子家http://uzhome.pixnet.net/blog

We had alot of email correspondence, right from my 中文自我介绍 to expectations of me being a 小帮手。Actually, my working hours is supposed to be from morning to perhaps 3pm, and my chores range from preparing breakfast, cleaning the rooms, attending to guests reservations and perhaps help in other chores...and if there are lesser guests, i can knock off earlier and have the free time to explore Hualien.  

We agreed on all the terms and i am on my way to my first working holiday in Taiwan very soon. There is quite a number of preparations for this trip, from trying to master cycling, learn cooking, apply tourist visa, check out the way there, book tickets...blah blah blah...

I would be there from 4th March till 6th April. Work officially starts from 5th March to 5th April. There would be a day off in a week, not too sure which day till i am there  :)

If you are interested in a sea view of Hualien, you can visit me at
柚子家
花蓮市北濱街43
Yes, the minsu faces the sea...the owners have a dog and till now two children. When i liaise with her last year, the second one was on the way... 

After the 6th April, i would be travelling to Korea with my friend, and she is none other that MSKMOUSE!


I would be back in Singapore on the 22nd April to reload and repack my things and 
on May 2nd, i be flying off to New York with mum and my relatives for nearly a month. 

I would be officially back in June and that would be when i face reality. Wish me luck! 

No comments: