Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2015

To cycling with love

Ever since i returned from the long travelling break. I cycled more often than usual. I enjoy the sport and the views along the way. However, right now, if you ask me to chiong like the pros on the roads, i am still very far from it, still quite afraid of the cars on the roads and cannot help putting my hands on the handle bars without leaving them off. I really do not understand why the pros can cycle and drink water or take photo at the same time. I can scratch my nose during cycling for 2 seconds, i very happy already! Of course, i am still practising la. Talking about the cars on the roads, there are a number of inconsiderate and impatient drivers on the roads, me myself once came across a taxi driver who sounded the horn at me and cut right in front of me impatiently, just to turn left. That incident was really quite scary as that taxi was very close to me. Sometimes i really wish our country has a designated lane for cyclists, like Taiwan. This way, we promote healthy living, less cars, less pollution...

Last year, with the foldie, I have ventured routes using the PCNs along the Punggol Connector and ECP to Changi Village route. Another route, the MBS route should be ventured at night as the city views are really awesome, and by entering the Gardens by the Bay from Tanjong Rhu area, you can turn into MBS area already. (the route from ECP to MBS area direct is currently in construction and i am really looking forward to it) 

These are the casual cycling photos. The picture on the left was taken along Punggol connector in Nov 2013. It has this rustic feel and i quite like it. However, that area is cemented and made into a proper pathway already. Actually there are alot of people along that park connector especially on weekend mornings. I have to be really careful there, especially when there are kids cycling in front, tell them to keep left, they will sway all the way to the right...SWEAT MANZZZ...

My casual photos


ECP area is also extremely crowded on weekend nights, but we usually will try cycle from ECP to Changi village, would be about near to 40km to and fro. The stretch along the runway area is very long, but that stretch would be quite good to chiong as there is usually lesser people.

And thanx to my twin who knew some cycling enthusiasts from PK aka Painkillers, we knew a friend from there who took for us super cool cycling shots. Thanx Jimmy!

My pro look alike cycling photos :)
I never knew i can pose like that...it is hard not to smile though :)

Right now, i try to join PK in their rides to practise and train up my stamina, hopefully to be in time for my 35km event in May. Oh...and to scratch my nose longer!
Jiayou Jadebottle! 

No comments: