Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Throwback: mission trip to Phnom Penh Cambodia 2015 Dec

Thanks to Cornerstone community church for organising this open doors couriers programme, I feel blessed to be able to participate and embark on a mission trip with some our our church members to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.

Let me share on my thoughts before the trip. I was a on and off Christian. When I was young, I was told about the gospel when I was in Primary school. Although I was from a Buddhist family, I still pray to God at night. However, somehow during my sec sch years, I sort of backslide and was only brought back to Christ in 2014. So going on this trip kept me excited and worried at the same time, I am not too sure how I can make an impact to the people there. I just prayed that God will lead and guide us.

Before we met our pastors in Phnom Pehn, we arrived earlier to actually tour around the city.  Cambodia used to be under this Khmer Rouge ruling and alot of people had suffered during those times. So one of the must do is to go to the museum and the killing fields to know more of their history.

The first day, we stayed in the city area and walked around with the map, came across alot of temples which I really cannot remember the names.


We hired transport to take us to the killing fields where we hear about the history. Actually, quite sad to hear about how people were terrorized during that period. I left with a really heavy heart.

After that we went to the genocide museum where we learnt more of the killings during the period.


In the evening, we decide to get our minds off by going for a massage before this sunset cruise along Mekong river. The cruise is very relaxing and we were served food and beverages.


Ending off our own free and easy tour, we met our church mates to begin our mission trip. First day, we went to the local villages to share on the story of the gospel, we had a translator and most of the people were actually open to listen to us. At first, I thought we would be staying in places that might not even have proper sewage or water facilities but, I was wrong. The children were delighted to receive balloons and gifts from us.

I remembered second day, we went to the house of another pastor to share and pray for them. One of the things we did was also to go caroling in a university to invite the students to come to church.

I remembered we went to another village to share the gospel the next day, and during the last 2nd day, we held the service at their local church and I shared my testimony of how I was healed in my accident with them when I attended their service.

I do not know how much impact we made but i am sure we did sow the seeds in our very little ways, I am very much blessed by them and touched by the children's reactions to little things we gave them. May they slowly get to know God more and accept him as their saviour. 

No comments: