Translate

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Taiwan Holiday Day 3 - 勇闯阳明山与淡水

Yesterday, i decided to check out Yang Ming Shan to participate in the Calla lilies festival. From where i am staying in Zhongshan district, i can board the bus 260 at the Ambassador hotel. You can also board this bus from the Taipei main station. The journey takes about 30-40mins but the bus goes there directly. Oh do note, when you take the bus, do not immediately look for the machine to tap your easy card. Some buses only collect fares when you alight. You just look up the moment you board the bus, there will be a light which either states 上车收费/下车收费. I paid double for that trip as i tap my card the moment i board and only realise fares are collected after. The uncle still wants me to tap again...

Upon reaching the place, i purchased this ticket at NTD 30. This ticket allows me to take the bus 108 for the whole day. It is like a shuttle bus service around Yang Ming Shan. Trees are super green and the air there is super fresh lo!!!


I alight at the Zhuzihu, the place where you can see all the farms of calla lilies. After alighting, there is a road to walk up, maybe a 15-20mins walk.

After passing by the school, i walked alittle while more before turning right into a calla lilies farm. You can pick the lilies at 7 for NTD 100. I did not pick any of them as i really have no place to put in my luggage. And then the slightly adventurous me followed an uncle from the farm and went into a little hiking path with forest trees and wet muddy roads. 

The hiking path leads to the main road. Phew! I walked up and came into more calla lilies farms. I cannot remember what the names of the farm are but everywhere is just as beautiful!

Flowers that i saw along the way...Spring time!!!

There wasn't alot of eateries, but there was one eatery with alot of people and beautiful views inside. (See the pond and the windmill house). The price of food is pretty expensive and there were too many people, i do not want to wait and decided to just eat biscuits for lunch. So as i walked down, there were smells of sulphur and i found one of the pipes having water flowing out with steam...That must be hot spring water! As i walked down the road, i saw this 湖田大树下 and that place serves food! I got a big, filling and piping hot plate of fried rice for just NTD 80!

When i finished my lunch, it started to get really foggy up there. I took 108 further up into the mountains. By the way, bus 108 goes in a loop, so it would be more advisible to start alighting at stops that appear earlier before venturing to the stops that came later. I went to the 7th stop 小油坑 (竹子湖is the 4th stop). At that time the fog is so bad, i cannot see a single thing. The temperature at that time was so cold at 15 degrees, i thought it would be better to make the trip another time. So taking the bus again, i went back to the 260 bus interchange and thought maybe i can walk to Yang Ming Shan Park from there. It was about 2km walk but it was an enjoyable walk. Thank God for flowers, trees and fresh air!!!

The return trip after that was miserable. I wanted to go to Danshui and the only way is to take mini 8 or mini 9 bus to the MRT stations 石牌or 北投. The frequency of the bus is like 30mins to an hour. I waited like more than 30mins before i manage to board mini 8.

I manage to get to Danshui by 5pm. Danshui has changed since 2009. I do not remember going to this riverside area the last time, now they even offer bikes for rent along this 金色小岸。I walked along Danshui old streets again and hunt for my fish crackers. After that, i thought of visiting fishermen wharf again, this time taking the ferry there from the pier in Danshui. ( The last time i took a bus 26 there, i remembered the bus was so fast while it was turning that i even fall off my seat!)
http://jadebottleparadise.blogspot.tw/2012/05/return-of-jadebottle-part-1.html

The ferry closes at 7pm. The fare was just NTD 60, mine was the last ferry and when i reach the wharf, it was almost dark...

I revisited the Yuan Zhu Min shop that i went in 2009. There was this young lady attending to me and she said the shop was only opened half a year ago. I guessed they passed over the shop already. No more renting of costumes as well.

Lights here are very nice at night, super romantic la! Besides the tourists, it is like couples everywhere...
i miss my twin la!!!

I took bus 26 back to Danshui MRT station. Danshui now has a big shopping mall opposite the station.,it seemed to have developed quite a fair bit...  hope not too much though..

No comments: