Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Taiwan Holiday day 5 to 7- 完结篇

It has been awhile since I last posted. Now bringing to you my last three days in Taiwan. On Friday, April 4th, it was Taiwan long Qing Ming holiday weekend and children's day that day too. I made a trip to Yuanshan station (red line), to visit the Flora Expo park. It was very crowded with lots of activities for the kids. 

 Around the park, there are also plots of flowers, going to the sea of flowers area, I came across plots of lavenders...

It was nice to walk around, there was this 原住民 concept restaurant across the road and as I carried on walking into the floral tunnel and through this stretch of brown wooden solar paneled walkway, it leads into another park, where there are admission fees into certain pavilions, - pavilion of dreams, pavilion of angels..., I did not enter them as I was about to meet my Taiwanese friend after lunch.

Met MS at city hall station and had a good catch up session with him, walked around and realized there were a lot of street performances there, harps, drums, singing and playing of instruments. After that, I went for a church service there by inspiring moments, very much like the charismatic churches in Singapore too.

The next day, I made a trip to Da an forest park, it was just outside the station itself. Very serene and tranquil place with lots of old folks and kids. I cycled around the park which was just about 2.5km around the area. You can see birds, cute squirrels and even tortoise having their sun tanning session.


I decided to get a self service laundry shop to get my clothes washed. The shop is located at no 98, section 1,  minsheng east road.  Just pay 10ntd for powder, 50ntd for 9kg washing which is like the lightest load, and 10ntd for the dryer to operate for 8mins. I was quite fortunate I had the small machine, there were only two and the next guy who entered has no choice but to pay more and use the machine for the medium load. The dryer operates with three levels of temperature, I had to use the dryer 4 times ranging from medium to high temperature to get my clothes dried thoroughly.


After that, met another friend JS for 麻辣火锅 at 满堂红. The food there was fresh but eating there was stressful as we were only given two hours to eat. I do not usually eat beef but I tried the supposingly popular beef there and yes it was good. The highlight of the dinner was the ice cream, by Haagen  Dazs and Meiji. Yummy!!! Overall price for dinner per person is about 600 for weekend and that comes to less than 30dollars per person, still very worth it!!


The next day was my last day in Taiwan, said bye to my airbnb host, Sunny. Her place is pretty comfortable and convenient. I felt safe staying there as there were electronic locks for my room, I also need a key for access into the main building and most importantly there was an elevator which makes it easy to pull my luggage up. The place is very clean and toiletries are provided. The only thing is it is a shared toilet, last night I got to share with 6 other guests and I make sure I used the toilet first before they returned. Sunny is also very nice and helpful and always try to help when I ask her on travel advice. I remembered I had some rashes due to some allergies and she lent me cream and medicine to see if those help. If I ever returned to Taiwan, I would consider her place again

Saying bye to Taiwan and to be continued to Korea ......

No comments: